Concept for Debut Game from Outmode

So I decided to throw together some concept art for an idea I’ve had for a bit. Put this together with Midjourney, and it actually came out pretty close to what I had in my mind (well, much better). Was planning on publishing a smaller game with my engine, Degine, within the next few months. Timeline is tight, but I think I need

Degine: Early Editor Progress

Quick update on Degine, my in-house OpenGL engine. Most of the shaders were finished a few months ago, though I’ve been working on various optimizations behind the scenes. Performance is quite stable, at least on high-end desktop, right now (watch the embedded video). Still needs some work on the lower-end and mobile, though it’s getting there. The most visible addition is a UI,

Degine: Forward+ HDR PBR IBL Render Improvements

In the past week I’ve made some major breakthroughs with the performance on Degine, my custom OpenGL / WebGL 3D engine. Did a lot of reading on performance and optimization guides, like on the ARM and Nvidia websites, specifically for OpenGL ES3 performance on mobile. Also integrated a new lighting system, that supports up to 8 dynamic lights at once (with 1 including

Degine: 60FPS on $99 Kindle Fire

I spent the last two days adding GPU compressed texture support to Degine, my custom OpenGL / WebGL 3D engine. I tried a few formats, but ended up going with ASTC, since it was the only one that appears to be supported on both desktop and web. While it’s not a massive difference, it was enough to get the Amazon Kindle Fire HD